Sometimes it's helpful to download multiple files simultaneously. Follow the steps below to complete this task:
How do I download multiple files?
Navigate to where files are located. In this case, the "General Documents" library within the "OU Training" page.
Click on the "Library" tab at the top left of the screen, and select "Open with Explorer."
Note: If the "Open with Explorer" button is grayed-out, see the bottom of this article for guidance.
A new window will appear. Select the documents you wish to download, and drag them into the location on your computer in which you'd like to save the documents. In this case, we will save all four documents to the Desktop.
Alternatively, you can cut and paste the documents. Simply select the documents you wish do download, right-click and select "Cut." Then navigate to the desired computer location and click "Paste."
The selected documents will now appear in the location on your computer to which you've saved them.
If the "Open with Explorer" Button is Grayed Out
In order to “Open with Explorer” there are several requirements that must be met:
- Only support Windows operation system. Mac OSX is not supported.
- Only works with IE browser. Firefox and Chrome is not supported.
- Only works with 32-bit version of IE in Windows Vista/7. 64-bit version is not supported. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/find-out-32-or-64-bit
- Does not work with the Metro version of IE in Windows 8 (It's launched from the Tile screen and has the address bar near the bottom). This feature requires full version of IE, which is launched from the Task bar.
If all the above requirements are met and the issue isn't resolved, please check:
- If you're using Internet Explorer 10 with Windows 7, a hotfix has been released to resolve this issue. For more information, go to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2846960/