Do you want to move files from one folder to another within a document library? Or, move content between different document libraries within your site?
Follow the steps below to move your content within or between document libraries:
How to Move Content Using "Open with Explorer"
Navigate to the document library within your team page that houses the file(s) you wish to move. In this example, the "Test" document will be moved to the "Test Folder 2.” Open the “Library” tab at the top of the page, and click the “Open with Explorer” button in the top right.
Note: If this option is grayed out (disabled), it is because your IE settings need to be changed. Review the information at the end of this guide for specific settings needed in order to enable this button. Contact your Agency’s IT administrator if you require changes to your system.
The document library will open in Windows Explorer. From here, you can drag and drop the document to the destination folder.
Alternatively, you can cut and paste the document into the destination folder by selecting the document, clicking “Cut,” then navigating to the destination folder and clicking “Paste.”
The document will then appear in the destination folder.
After closing the Windows Explorer window and returning to PEPFAR SharePoint, refresh the page and you will see the file is now moved to the destination document library as shown below.
In order to “Open with Explorer” there are several requirements that must be met:
- Only support Windows operation system. Mac OSX is not supported.
- Only works with IE browser. Firefox and Chrome is not supported.
- Only works with 32-bit version of IE in Windows Vista/7. 64-bit version is not supported. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/find-out-32-or-64-bit
- Does not work with the Metro version of IE in Windows 8 (It's launched from the Tile screen and has the address bar near the bottom). This feature requires full version of IE, which is launched from the Task bar.
If all the above requirements are met and the issue isn't resolved, please check:
- If you're using Internet Explorer 10 with Windows 7, a hotfix has been released to resolve this issue. For more information, go to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2846960/
Note: If you are an employee at OGAC, you may receive an error message when trying to use this feature. We have determined that this is an issue with the recent upgrade to Internet Explorer 11 and possible browser security settings that need to be changed by your IT department. We are working on resolving this issue as soon as possible.