This article will walk you through the steps on how to export a SharePoint list into Excel:
- In Internet Explore, open a page that contains a list such contacts. Remember: it's always best practice to use this browser with SharePoint.
- Select an item in the list to set the “context” of the menu to the list by clicking in the space by an item underneath the Checkmark at the top of the list.
- Click “List" then “Export to Excel”
- You will be asked to save a .iqy file. Please give this file a meaningful name when you save it such as "your team_contact list."
- Open the .iqy file in Microsoft Excel. Select “Enable” when presented with the following Security Notice. You may also be required to supply your SharePoint (PEPFAR.net) username and password.
- Save the file as an Excel Workbook with a meaningful name when it opens.
You have now exported a SharePoint list into Excel!